Ten Most Common Web Design Mistakes
With the recent increase in the use of internet browsing, the demand for web designers and innovative web design companies have increased tremendously. Millions of websites are present which help businesses connect with customers while poor decisions create a gap and are problematic in terms of providing customers with full knowledge about the brand. There are a number of things that websites can improve and these articles talk about what the top ten mistakes are when it comes to web development and ways to prevent them from happening.
- Not using responsive designs: most of the searches nowadays are carried on smart phones and tablets. Knowing this trend, web designers should make sure that viewers are able to access full content on these websites because this is one of the most important things for any business. Recent studies have shown that less than seventeen percent of these websites have a responsive web design. Since Google has evolved, it has penalized non responsive websites which becomes a problem for those companies not taking a lead.
- Relying on free website builders: while these websites may seem very user friendly and time saving however the problem is that each design adds dozens of lines at the back which makes the website slow over time hence creating problems. Purchasing a premium design which looks like your ideal one is a good option.
- Forgetting the actual design elements: while some companies go overboard, others just ignore that they need to follow a design. Web design Dubai has followed this rule to the core. If a lot of designing is put, it can make the website slow and divert attention from the actual content however no design can make the website boring.
- Poor use of header, footers and sidebars: most people think that these elements are used only for advertisement however it is a turn off when there are a number of ads and banners but very little content. The space could be used for additional navigation
- Customer information is not captured: the best way to avoid this is by making a homepage opt in offer which will attract your customers. This can be very problematic because once you lose customers it is very difficult to attract them back and it even costs a lot.
- Lacking good quality content: while the number one and important criteria for these web pages is good content, most owners spend large amounts of money making a beautiful website and do not concentrate on the content.
- Making core information hard to find: the homepage must have links of all the important stuff. If users have to spend a lot of time looking for that one thing they need they might go to another website
- Not keeping the website updated: keeping themes and plug-ins updated is very important because cyber security risks has increased.
- Dealing with broken pages: the worse thing a customer wants to see is “page not available”. Most companies loose customers because they are not able to provide proper product description.
- Not paying attention to analytics: setting up a sites analytics properly is one of the most important things a web designer needs to pay attention to.